June 22, 2011

DIY: sweatshirt remake // bulletin board

Ever have a favorite clothing item and it get's stained or rips to the point where you can't wear it? Have you attempted to fix it? That's what this DIY is about! My favorite basic sweatshirt mysteriously got bleach on the front of it and on the sleeves, so I was determined to fix it! My solution? Create an embellishment that would cover the bleached spots! I love the finished result!

Before::

  

After::
 All it took was some felt, floss, some cute fabric with an owl print, the backing for the felt, and a sewing needle! An easy fix! And with the cost of clothing now a days, it's diffidently worth revamping those pieces that are your favorite!

I ended up doing the same thing for a magnetic dry erase board from IKEA. I wanted a new bulletin board for my dorm in the fall, so I just revamped one I had lying around the house! This is the result!

 The right side is still dry erase, the left side will have magnets, and the little cards let people know whether I'm in my room or not! =)

What's your favorite DIY project?


Outfit for the day:::
{Top:: Forever 21 // Shorts:: Old Navy // Gladiator Sandals:: Maurices}

Have a wonderful evening!
erose

No comments:

Post a Comment