June 20, 2011

.mix it up.

Happy Father's Day! I hope you all spent today celebrating your dad and the impact he has had on your life or rejoicing ,for the life he's lived so far! I spent today volunteering in the cafe at my church, going to work, and going out to dinner with my dad for father's day! It was a perfect day and I enjoyed each part of it!

So here's a little about my outfit for the day. I needed a piece that would work great for church, church, and dinner out! So... wa laa!

If it's one thing that you learn from working retail, it's the significance of deciding the clothing pieces you really need to buy! We get in new pieces weekly and it is so hard not to just buy! But I've learned to think ahead --- if I can not come up with at least three different outfits from a piece, then most likely that article of clothing is not worth it for my pocket book and wardrobe! It allows me to really pick out flexible and fun pieces though! For example this outfit!

This season's colors are fantastic! The olive green, salmon colors, tans, browns, and light blues. This skirt is an olive green skirt that can be mixed with almost anything! A full skirt is a necessity to any wardrobe! Perfect for summer, but it will also be a great piece this coming fall mixed with a pair of brown tights and cute boots!

The sweater is another mix it up piece! Goes great with skirts, jeans, shorts, a vest over the top, belted. It's a very flexible piece!

I love the Peter Pan boots! A thrifted piece of mine!

{necklace:: gift // sweater:: maurices // skirt & belt:: maurices // boots:: thrifted}

What is your favorite mix it up piece? Leave me a comment and let me know! =)
Liz Rose

2 comments: